SO MUCH FOOD. This is our weekly food delivery. This will probably be the last GIANT summer size order.
WE had a bed break in the Red front Suite. To many guests letting there kids jump on the beds. Luckily Jordan was able to fix it in between guests and get a new box spring ordered.
We were invited for performance with the YPMs. We went to the Cultural hall and it was magical, like really. It was for our family. The band played some songs and then they sang, well we all sang. We picked out favorite songs that they sing and they sang to us.
I now know what Zion feels like. This was a moment of Heaven on earth. It was so special and we loved every moment. We all enjoyed our selves. They have worked so hard for months preforming and memorizing. We have worked hard feeding EVERYONE that has come to Nauvoo.
It was a beautiful moment where we could just be together and enjoy the spirit and joy from all our labors.
The tender mercy is they chose my favorite song to sing and I didn't even request it. I started crying as soon as they started.
The song is " The Gallant Ship" by William W Phelps. He wrote this song to pay homage to the many missionaries serving and immigrants coming to America.
Here are the words:
The gallant ship is under way to bear me off to sea,
And yonder float the streamers gay that say she waits for me.
They bear me swiftly from the shore my native land farewell!
I go but not to plough the main, to ease a restless mind,
Nor do I toil on battle’s plain the victor’s wreath to twine
‘Tis not for treasures that are hid in mountain or in dell!
‘Tis not for joys like these I bid my native land farewell.
I go because my master calls He’s made my duty plain.
No danger can the heart apal when Jesus stoops to reign
My sun, my shield, forever nigh, He will my fears dispel
This hope supports me when I sigh my native land farewell.
I go devoted to His cause and to His will resigned;
His presence will supply the loss of all I leave behind.
And now the vessel’s side we’ve made, the sails their bosoms swell,
Thy beauties in the distance fade my native land farewell!
Farewell, farewell my master calls, farewell
The bold lines are my favorite. I was taking pictures and videos and the spirit whispered "Just enjoy this feeling." So here are a few pictures.
We sang for them at the end. we got up and sang teach me to walk in the light. It was so special.
We had them all sign the matt of a picture frame and we took this picture with them all. So we can always remember all the shows and how we felt at them, but most of all how we felt this day.
Heading out to the car playing with some bubbles.

This was a day never to be forgotten. It was so special.
No comments:
Post a Comment